I recall as a child my mother working desperately to perfect recipes and her salsa was certainly one of many. She had an expansive garden with most of the ingredients below in bounty. She used canned tomatoes as she always had her canned tomatoes on the shelf. You can use fresh of course. I have shared before that recipes are often a memory and this is certainly a beloved memory of my mom and her diligence and dedication in the kitchen. I love and miss you mom!! Thank you for the memories! Enjoy!
My Mother’s Salsa Recipe
- 1 28- ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1-2 large jalapeno peppers stems, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 large bell pepper
- ¼ medium red onion
- ¼ medium white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves stems removed
- Juice of half a small lime
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and desired consistency.