My new-found love is chicken for breakfast paired with whole eggs and a few veggies in a scramble. This recipe gives me a boost of protein that fuels me throughout my morning. I typically have all of the ingredients on hand, or leftovers, which is perfect for early morning prep. I am the queen of incorporating leftovers…just ask my hubby! Serve with your favorite topping and you are set! Skip the tortilla if you are counting carbs. I had roasted poblano peppers, so I served the scramble on top. Enjoy!
Chicken and Eggs Breakfast Scramble
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup cooked potato diced
- 4 ounces cooked chicken cut in bite-sized pieces
- 5 whole eggs beaten
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: Crushed tortilla chips pico de gallo, salsa, avocado slices, sliced jalapeno peppers
- Heat olive oil in a medium, nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chicken, cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until brown.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour in eggs, salt and pepper, scramble together until eggs are set, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover with lid, remove from heat and allow cheese to melt.
- Serve with your favorite topping, on roasted poblano pepper or in a corn or flour tortilla.