“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”… a phrase many of us have heard thousands of times and is so true! Starting your morning with a well-balanced meal gives our bodies the nutrients it needs to tackle the day ahead. With school starting, I thought I would share a breakfast recipe that is simple, nutritious, and can be quickly prepared. Chicken and Eggs Breakfast Scramble is on a very consistent rotation in the Blackmon home for sure. I love topping with my fresh salsa recipe.
Chicken and Eggs Breakfast Scramble
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup cooked potato diced
- 4 ounces cooked chicken cut in bite-sized pieces
- 5 whole eggs beaten
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: Crushed tortilla chips pico de gallo, salsa, avocado slices, sliced jalapeno peppers
- Heat olive oil in a medium, nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chicken, cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until brown.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour in eggs, salt and pepper, scramble together until eggs are set, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover with lid, remove from heat and allow cheese to melt.
- Serve with your favorite topping, on roasted poblano pepper or in a corn or flour tortilla.
I’ve made this recipe for years, and have tried multiple variations… all FABULOUS. Add or omit ingredients you and your family prefer! I often double the recipe and have leftovers for a breakfast taco the next day or for lunch. Enjoy!