Indulge in a healthy twist on a classic favorite with my turkey burger recipe! I’ve experimented with my fair share of recipes throughout the years, but this tried-and-true menu item takes the cake for the best turkey burger (if I do say so myself). Made with clean, everyday ingredients, and prepared in less than 5 steps, this recipe seriously could not be easier (or more delicious). The juicy, and incredibly flavorful patty can be cooked on a grill, stovetop, or broiled in the oven. I love this recipe for hosting. The minimal prep and short cook time are perfect to keep on hand for busy weeknights! Add your favorite toppings and enjoy an irresistible, guilt-free burger experience!
To shop a few of my must-have kitchenware for this recipe, scroll to the “Shop the Post” section at the bottom of this blog! Love this recipe? Make sure you’re subscribed to my newsletter for more in the future!
The Best Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 whole egg beaten
- ½ cup zucchini grated
- ½ cup carrot grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 brioche hamburger buns split and toasted
Toppings of your choice: lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg, zucchini, carrot, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Gently mix ingredients together and form into 4 patties.
- Place patties on the grill. Cook approximately 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees; turning only once. Transfer to buns and top with your favorite toppings.
~I love brioche buns, but use whichever hamburger buns you prefer. For a gluten-free alternative, forgo the buns and use Romaine lettuce or Boston lettuce for the perfect wrap.
~Get creative with your toppings. Barbeque sauce, Thousand Island dressing, cheese, mayo, honey mustard, sprouts, caramelized onions and peppers, bacon… the list is endless. Yum!!