Breakfast Turkey Muffins
An easy, protein-packed breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings. Make a batch at the beginning of the week and microwave when you need a quick, clean meal!
- 1 pound of 99% lean ground turkey
- 3 egg whites beaten
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 1.5 – ounce package meatloaf seasoning mix
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 10 – ounce can diced tomatoes & green chilies, drained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven 350°
- Gently mix turkey, egg whites, oats, meatloaf seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Add diced tomatoes & green chilies, onion and bell pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Gently form into balls the size of a racquetball which should be approximately 3 ounces. Place in regular-size muffin pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
Tiffy’s Tips ~Add 1 tbsp fresh cilantro for added flavor. ~Add chopped garlic for added flavor. ~Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Reheat microwave on HIGH 45 seconds.