Breakfast Turkey Muffins
Yield: 8-12 muffins
- 1.25 pounds of 99/1 lean ground turkey
- 3 egg whites beaten
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1.5- ounce package meatloaf seasoning mix
- ½ tsp Kosher salt optional
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 10- ounce can diced tomatoes & green chilies drained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven 350°
- Gently mix turkey, egg whites, oats, meatloaf seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Add diced tomatoes & green chilies, onion and bell pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Gently form into balls the size of a racquetball which should be approximately 3 ounces. Place in regular-size muffin pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Yield: 9 to 12 turkey balls depending on size.
Kitchen Tips ~Substitute chopped celery, tri-color bell pepper for the onion, and bell pepper if you like. ~Add 1 tbsp fresh cilantro for added flavor. ~Add chopped garlic for added flavor. ~Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Reheat microwave on HIGH 45 seconds.