I have shared this fabulous recipe before, but I thought I would re-share to add to your 4th of July menu! This recipe is great as a side to your grilled menu items or as a main entree with an added protein of chicken, fish, or shrimp. This salad is so fresh with incredibly delicious ingredients, including juicy watermelon which is at its peak of ripeness during the summer months. Yum! I love using seedless watermelon for obvious reasons, creamy goat cheese, toasted almonds, red onion, and peppery arugula. If the arugula is a bit too much of a bite for you, you can opt for a combination of spinach and arugula or mixed greens. I use a light Champagne vinaigrette, but your favorite vinaigrette will work perfectly with the balance of flavors in the ingredient lineup. Enjoy!
Watermelon, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 5 ounce container arugula
- 3 cups watermelon seeded and cubed into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds toasted
- Champagne vinaigrette
- In a large bowl combine greens, watermelon, red onion, goat cheese and sliced almonds. Gently toss and serve with champagne vinaigrette.
I hope this recipe is helpful and possibly a refreshing addition to your 4th of July menu! Enjoy!