There are certainly recipes everyone should keep in their recipe box or database. Homemade cupcakes made from scratch are certainly one of those recipes! Gluten sensitivities are extremely common, which is why I love finding dessert recipes that avoid gluten. This gluten free cupcake recipe is both delicious and is perfect for those with gluten sensitivities.
Not interested in a gluten free cupcake recipe? Just substitute Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour for traditional all purpose flour using the same measurements. Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for group gatherings such as birthdays, holidays, or any special occasion. When entertaining, cupcakes are a great, simple dessert to serve guests.
Cupcakes allow a wide range of culinary creative freedom… add your own touch by mixing and matching cupcake liners and combining an array of different toppings! I no longer make cakes or cupcakes from the box, especially when recipes like this are SO easy! Enjoy!
The Best Gluten Free Cupcakes
- 1 ½ Cup Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Buttermilk
- ¾ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream Frosting (Recipe Below)
- Toppings: Sprinkles, chocolate chips, fruit-flavored candy, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare cupcake pan with cupcake liners. This recipe yields 24 cupcakes so you may have to bake in batches or use two cupcake pans.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Transfer to a bowl of a standing mixer. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add eggs, buttermilk, water, oil, and vanilla. Mix on low speed until combined, approximately 1 minute. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture. Beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure ingredients are thoroughly incorporated
- Fill each cupcake ½ full. Bake for 18-22 minutes until the cupcakes are done or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool. When completely cooled. Frost with Sour Cream Frosting and your favorite toppings
~This recipe can be made traditional or gluten-free. I use Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour or traditional all purpose flour using the same measurements.
~A handheld mixer can certainly be used.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you give it a try!