My Fabulous Gameday Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 8- ounce can tomato sauce
- 14- ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Mexican beer
- 1 cup beef broth
- Chili Mix see recipe below
- 1 15- ounce can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
Chili Mix Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Kosher salt optional or to taste
- Brown 2 pounds ground beef, onions and bell pepper in a large saute pan. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, beer, and broth. Stir in chili mix.
- Transfer to crockpot and cook for 8 hours on low or according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Add kidney beans last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Optional: top with cheese, jalepeños, Fritos and onion.
- This recipe is good for 2 pounds of ground meat for chili.
Chili Mix Instructions
- Combine ingredients in a bowl. Seal in an airtight container for approximately 4 months.