I love a hearty entrée salad, layered with so many flavors and textures that marry well together. Tender, juicy rotisserie chicken, tart apples, sharp cheddar, and curly kale. Massaging this variety of kale will assist in breaking up the cellulose structure, producing a slightly sweeter, much silkier texture. The ingredients are basic, and I love the addition of pumpkin seeds as fall is here! Enjoy!
Kale Chicken Salad with Apples and Cheddar
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
- 6 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Kale, stems removed, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Apple, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup White Cheddar Cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Rotisserie Chiken
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, and vinegar. Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss kale with dressing. Using your hands, gently massage kale until tender (2-3 minutes). Add apple, cheddar, and chicken.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and serve!
Let me know how much you love this delicious kale chicken salad recipe in the comments below!