When the weather starts to get a bit chilly (pun intended), I make chili! I recall my mom making chili from different types, or a combination of proteins that she would actually grind herself. A combination of dried herbs, spices, fresh vegetables and pastes were ingredients to choose as options. I prefer lean ground beef sirloin or chuck, but she would add venison and pork to enhance the flavor. I enjoy all of the ingredients packed in this spicy, thick version my mother and I created!
Below is my recipe for Beef Chili! Sure to be the perfect meal while you cheer on your favorite teams!
- 2 Lbs. Lean Ground Beef
- ½ Cup Chopped Onions
- ½ Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- 8 Oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 14 Oz. Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Mexican Beer
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 15 Oz. Can Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
Chili Mix Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- ½ Tsp. Paprika
- ¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp. Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt, optional or to taste
- Brown 2 pounds of ground beef, onions, and bell pepper in a large saute pan. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, beer, and broth. Stir in chili mix.
- Transfer to crockpot adn cook for 8. hours on low or according to your manufacturer's instructions. Add kidney beans for the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Options: top with cheese, jalepeños, Fritos, and onion.
Chili Mix Instructions
- Combine all Chili Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Seal in an airtight container for up to approximately 4 months.
What is your favorite meal to make on game day? If you try this Gameday Chili let me know what you think in the comments!