I thought this would be the perfect time to share my French Toast Casserole Recipe from my cookbook, 300 Best Casserole Recipes. It puts a fun spin on your typical French Toast, and makes the perfect breakfast-in-bed meal for Valentine’s Day morning. Or if you just want to spoil yourself any other morning – so yummy! This recipe is SO fabulous and the perfect way to say I love you!
French Toast Casserole
- 13 x 9-inch casserole dish
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ loaf French bread torn into bite-sized pieces
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon this is adjusted from the book to my taste
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup; microwave on HIGH for 45 to 55 seconds or until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved (or melt in a saucepan over medium-low heat). Stir well and pour into a baking dish. Arrange bread pieces evenly over butter mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Whisk in cream and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread, pressing bread down until moistened.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over casserole. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Sift confectioners’ sugar over top. Serve immediately.
While I love a good, savory meal, every once in a while it is nice to bake something and cure that sweet tooth that likes to come out on occasion. When I use this French Toast Casserole Recipe, I always like to add some type of berry on top. Not only do the berries make a beautiful garnish, they taste amazing. A good bite full of the french toast casserole and a nice strawberry or blueberry creates the most fabulous blend of flavors! Treat yourself (and your loved ones) this Valentine’s Day by making this delicious French Toast Casserole. Who doesn’t love a breakfast that feels and tastes like dessert?
If you are on the hunt for more fabulous recipes click HERE for an assortment of Beverage, Appetizer, Entree, and Dessert Recipes! Enjoy!