Football season is here and in full swing… ahhhhh, I just love this time of year! The team camaraderie, the energy, and the food. I’m not sure which is more exciting… football or the menu items prepared when watching, tailgating, or pre-gaming. When hosting, I plan menu items that are easily prepped, quick, and although not all game day menu items are typically healthy, this recipe is nutritious and certainly a crowd pleaser. Tequila Marinated Beef Skewers is one of my football season staples. This hand held recipe is packed with protein and incredible flavor. The marinade is a combination of umami-rich ingredients that enhance the flavor of beef. Threaded on a skewer and grilled to perfection, Tequila Marinated Beef Skewers are a win!
Tequila Marinated Beef Skewers
- 1 Beef Tenderloin, (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 24 Bamboo Skewers
- ¼ cup Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Fresh Orange Juice
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Silver Tequila
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Slice beef diagonally, across the grain, into 1/4-inch slices. Thread each slice onto a bamboo skewers. Place in a shallow pan.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over beef skewers. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours; turning occasionally.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to 400 F.
- Remove skewers and discard marinade. Place skewers on grates and cook approximately 3-5 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Partially freeze beef for easier slicing or have your butcher slice for you.
- Tenderloin is an excellent cut but use strip steak, sirloin, or flank steak.
- If you don’t have a grill, use a rill pan for excellent results.
Tequila Marinated Beef Skewers are so easy to prepare, and this cut of beef is packed with protein and flavor that is certain to please. In the tequila marinade is a fabulous combination of umami-rich ingredients that compliment the incredible flavor of beef. Threaded on a skewer and grilled to perfection, the Tequila Marinated Beef Skewers will be quite the hit.