Tiffy’s Vodka Sauce
Yields 4 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup Hell’s Half Acre Vodka
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3-4 minutes or until tender, add garlic, saute an additional minute.
- Stir in vodka; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, and red pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and continue cooking 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta or vegetable spirals.
Kitchen Tip: If using fresh herbs, there is a general ratio of fresh to dry. Dried herbs are generally stronger and more concentrated than fresh therefore, you will need less. Typically, three times the amount of fresh herbs to dry. For example, if a recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, you only need 1 teaspoon of dried, since 3 teaspoons equal 1 tablespoon.