This week the buzz at My So-Called Fabulous headquarters is all things Neiman Marcus and we are certainly not leaving out Recipe Wednesday! I am sharing the famous Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that is simply out of this world! This has been my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe for years. I love this simple recipe with the addition of instant espresso coffee powder which sets this cookie recipe apart. I love the texture, the flavor, and the hint of molasses flavor with the light brown sugar in the ingredient lineup. Warm and just out of the oven is my very favorite way to enjoy with a cold glass of milk. When entertaining, I love serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a beautiful glass. Enjoy!
The Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
- ½ Cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1-1/2 Tsp. Instant Espresso Coffee Powder
- 1-1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds).
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-ounce scoop or a 2-tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.