If you watch my Instagram stories, you know that we believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day! We always start our day with protein and nutrient-dense ingredients. I developed this recipe for Beef Loving Texans using leftover beef tenderloin but you can certainly use any cut of beef with various types of cooking methods. Grilled, roasted, or braised will do the trick with flavorful results. Enjoy!
Smoked Beef Tenderloin Potato Hash
- 1 pound smoked beef tenderloin cooked and cubed
- 1 pound new potatoes cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 4 eggs
- Salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, ½ Tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper until potatoes are well coated. Transfer potatoes onto a sheet pan in a single layer. Roast in oven 45 minutes to 1 hour flipping twice during cooking until potatoes are evenly brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack 4 eggs into skillet and cover tightly with a lid. Cook for 3 minutes or until whites are set. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and red bell pepper to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, cook an additional 1 minute. Add potatoes and tenderloin, stirring until heated but careful to not overcooked. Keep warm.
- Divide hash mixture evenly on 4 serving plates; top each serving with 1 egg. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.