I love chicken salad, so simple, so easy, and so good! I have many variations that I adore but my go to is my Classic Chicken Salad. Ingredient preferences for chicken salad varies and quite personal with endless flavor combinations. Try toasted almonds, sliced grapes, green onion, boiled eggs, pineapple, or bell pepper. Dabble with a variety of seasonings, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste, red pepper flakes for a bit of spice? Serve solo, in a wrap, lettuce leaf, or your favorite bread. Top with bacon, sliced tomato, sliced avocado…yum!! Enjoy!
Classic Chicken Salad
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken Breasts, shredded
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- ⅓ Cup Finely Chopped Celery
- ¼ Tsp. Kosher Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper, or to taste
- combine chicken, mayonnaise, onion, and celery in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled.
~ Chicken salad is the perfect recipe for leftover chicken.
~Substitute one part plain Greek yogurt to one part mayonnaise to lighten up a bit.
~The measurements are a preference as you may like more or less mayonnaise and vegetables.