Brisket Sliders with Chimichurri and Blistered Shishito Peppers
- 1 pound Smoked Brisket cooked, sliced
- 8 shishito peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 8 slider buns
- 2 cups arugula
Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. In a small bowl combine peppers, olive oil and sea salt; toss to coat. In a single layer, arrange peppers in the pan, cook without disturbing, 2-3 minutes or until skins are blistered and slightly blackened. Turn peppers, cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until charred all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To prepare chimichurri sauce, place garlic in food processor container. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Cover; process until well blended.
- Place arugula on the bottom of buns, top with brisket and chimichurri. Close sandwiches and top with a single shishito pepper pierced with a toothpick.