As I am writing this recipe, today’s Texas weather forecast predicts a high of 109 degrees… yikes!!! It’s another extremely hot summer in the south, which calls for anything COLD… drinks, popsicles, fresh fruit, and ice cream!. When it comes to summer entertaining, I am a sucker for recipes that are quick, easy, and refreshing.
Dessert simply doesn’t get easier or more fabulous than this recipe for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Spiked Berries. Ripe, juicy berries spiked with amaretto and a bit of sweetener. Amaretto is an almond-flavored liqueur, Italian in origin and produced throughout the world. I enjoy the smooth and distinctive flavor of Disaronno Originale Amaretto. Spike the berries with amaretto then drizzle a bit on top of the ice cream! So simple, so easy, and so good. Enjoy!
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Spiked Berries
- 1 Cup Fresh Bluberries
- 1 Cup Fresh Rasberries
- 1 Cup Fresh Blackberries
- 2 tsps granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp honey or to taste
- ¼ Cup amaretto liqueur, divided
- 1 Pint vanilla bean ice cream
- ¼ Cup toasted almonds, sliced
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- In a medium-size bowl, combine blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Add sugar, honey and, 1 tablespoon amaretto. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Add scoops of vanilla bean ice cream to serving dish. Evenly drizzle remaining amaretto on ice cream. Top with berries and almonds. Garnish with mint and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this sweet treat friends!