My mother’s side of the family has very deep French roots, so French cuisine is something that was frequently served in our home. To this day, one of my very favorites is my mother’s galette recipe. Galette is a term used in French cuisine to designate various types of flat, round, or freeform crusty cakes. Mom would create delicious galettes using a variety of fruits like peaches, nectarines, apples, etc. I layered the flavors of her Peach Galette recipe by adding blueberries… so much goodness! Combining fresh peaches and blueberries creates a beautiful flavor profile that marries the two delicious fruits… fabulous! My husband absolutely loves this recipe, and I love how simple it is to make. If time allows, I will make my own crust… However, this version is such a time saver and is equally as delicious. We are a split home in terms of peach preferences… I love Freestone County peaches while my husband prefers Parker County peaches. Regardless of your peach preference, this recipe is a win-win. Enjoy!
Peach and Blueberry Galette
- 1 15-ounce package refrigerated pie dough
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh peaches peeled and sliced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll 1 dough portion into a 12-inch circle; place on parchment paper. Sprinkle both sides with flour.
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently combine peaches, blueberries, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Arrange peach mixture in the center of the dough, leaving a 2 to 3-inch border. Moving in one direction, fold edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal (dough will partially cover peach mixture). In a small bowl, beat egg and milk. Gently brush egg mixture over edges of the dough and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove from oven); bake an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This dessert is absolutely phenomenal and serves as the perfect sweet treat! I hope you enjoy!
Amazing, not usually a fruit dessert person but this one is a favorite of mine!!
In the photo, it looks like u have chunks of butter(?) in the formed galette.. is that missing in recipe?
Yes! Great question! I added to the ‘Tiffy’s Tips’ section as it’s not a necessary step in the recipe, but I love the rich flavor it adds!
3 Comments on Peach and Blueberry Galette