Today, I am sharing a Valentine’s Day cocktail that is both sweet and tart… the Sweetheart Cocktail. This fusion is a refreshingly light combination of freshly squeezed lemon juice, strawberries, triple sec and your favorite vodka. I hope you enjoy this libation while toasting to the season of love!
The Sweetheart Cocktail
- 3 fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ tsp granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup ice
- 1.5 oz vodka
- .75 oz triple sec
- 1.5 oz fresh orange juice
- 1 splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage or sparkling water
- colored sugar, fresh lemon slice, fresh strawberries
- Muddle strawberries and sugar in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, vodka, triple sec, orange juice, and lemon juice. Shake until chilled.
- Pour into a tall glass rimmed with sugar, top with carbonated beverage, stir to mix. Garnish and serve immediately.
Muddler | Assorted Sanding Sugar Box | Highball Glasses | Cutting Board | Paring Knife | Perfect Cube Tray | Shaker
How to sugar the rim of your glass:
1 lemon wedge
Using a paring knife, cut a notch in the flesh of the lemon.
Run that notch around the rim of the glass until the glass is wet with the juice.
Place sugar on a flat plate.
Tip the glass, twisting around and in the sugar, making sure you are covering the rim of your glass.
Having a sweetheart cocktail with your loved ones on valentine’s day is a great idea. The cocktail must be delicious and must be tried.
Using sprite is an amazing idea. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. Keep posting such information in the future also.
I agree! I typically opt for a sparkling soda, however sprite was an amazing touch of sweetness and fizz for the sweetheart cocktail. Thank you for following along, I look forward to sharing more cocktail recipes soon!
2 Comments on The Sweetheart Cocktail