with Coach Kati Epps and Austin Fit Magazine
I love, love, love spice! The flavors in this healthy and oh so delicious recipe created by Coach Kati Epps with @mybodygx in Austin is proof you don’t have to sacrifice flavor for healthy food options. I love the fiery flavor of buffalo sauce, so tangy, so spicy…yum!! Add tangy blue cheese and viola; a flavor explosion ready to tailgate, entertain, or serve family style for a weeknight dinner.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 Lb. Ground Chicken
- ¾ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs or Regular Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- ¼ Cup Grated Sweet Onion, liquid drained (about 1/2 onion)
- ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp. Onion Powder
- ⅔ Cup Buffalo Sauce, divided
- ½ Cup Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Celery & Carrots, for serving
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, onion, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1/3 cup buffalo sauce.
- Use a cookie scoop and gently form into golf ball size rounds. Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with oil.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 160 F.
- Remove from oven, toss in a bowl with remaining buffalo sauce.
- Place on a serving platter, and drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately with carrots and celery sticks.
Kati and I featured our favorite healthy tailgating menu items for the September issue of @austinfit magazine. Look for recipes throughout the month on my blog and the September issue! Enjoy!