Beef and Pumpkin Curry
- 1 pound Sirloin thinly sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounce red curry paste
- 2 cups light coconut milk divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ cups fresh pumpkin cubed in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil, red curry paste, and ¼ cup coconut milk. Heat a medium-sized sauté pan until hot. Add the curry mixture; sauté for one minute or until bubbly.
- Add the beef, stir fry for one minute. Add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, paprika, lime juice, salt, and red pepper flakes; stir until combined. Add the pumpkin; reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. In a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Whisk cornstarch mixture into the simmering sauce until thickened.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with minced cilantro.