A truly classic entrée for a holiday dinner is one of my favorites, beef tenderloin. I love the flavor alone, but layering with additional flavor enhancing components like blue cheese, perfectly-paired sauces, sautéed mushrooms and a glass of red wine will only elevate the experience.
I’m sharing lots of the recipes from kitchen – see the entrees here if you’re looking for some inspiration!
For this recipe, I kept the prep of this beef tenderloin simple with just three ingredients , leaving you extra time to spend with family and friends this holiday season!
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Holiday Beef Tenderloin
- 2-3 pounds Beef Tenderloin Roast
- ¼ cup Greek seasoning
- ¼ cup medium ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine Greek seasoning and black pepper; roll beef tenderloin in rub mixture to cover all surfaces.
- Place beef tenderloin on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 35-45 minutes for medium rare; 45-50 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove beef tenderloin when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15-20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve beef tenderloin into slices. Season with salt, as desired.
- Adjust the pepper if you don’t want as much spice.
- Be careful to not overcook as you want the perfect roast that is succulent, juicy and flavorful.
Get the Tutorial – Perfect Beef Roast by Chef Tiffany
For additional tips check out my “Roasting: The Perfect Beef Roast” podcast!